Flu Clinics 2021-22
Please read about Covid Boosters and Flu Vaccination here.
Waterfield House will be organising various flu clinics from September 2021 to December 2021 to patients who are eligible. Please check your eligibility below and for more details on flu vaccination click here.
Due to complexity of social distancing, infection control, practicality, demand and availability of flu vaccines this year we will organise flu clinics in the surgery's car park in the month of September and October. No patient will be allowed to park their car in surgery's car park during the flu clinic timing.
Please note that this year (as that of last year) we have three separate vaccines - 1) For those over 65s 2) For those under 65 years 3) Nasal flu spray for children. To avoid confusion, and to avoid delays we will be having separate clinics for each of these categories where possible. Also note, due to the varied delivery period of these three vaccines we are only able to organise clinics once the delivery date has been confirmed. Please watch out for this space.
- adults 50 and over (born on or before 31.03.1972)
- people with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age to 64 years)
- pregnant women
- children aged 2 and 3 years on 31 August 2021 (that is, born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2019)
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals.
- frontline health or social care workers - the vaccination should be provided by their employers. Please note that the surgery will not be vaccinating these patients.
Please note that Children in School Years - Reception to Year 11 will be vaccinated at school. Please check with the School Immunisation Team for more details on 0300 123 5205.
Flu Clinics* in 2021:
4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18 and 20th October
|Over 65s by appointment only|
|4, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18 and 20th October||under 65s (and eligible patients only) by appointment only|
|TBC. Vaccines not yet available||2 to 3 years old by appointment only|
Booking Flu Apointments: These can be booked via NHS App, Patient Access, myGP app or by calling reception during non peak hours - preferably between 12pm to 1pm and 3pm - 6.30pm. Please come with your face covering for your appointments.
Published: Aug 18, 2021